The primary mission of Library Services is to support the mission of Skagit Valley College by providing access to information and serving the diverse life-long educational needs of students, faculty, staff and community.
The library endorses the following documents from the American Library Association: the Library Bill of Rights, Interpretations of the Library Bill of Rights, and the Freedom to Read statement. Copies of these documents are available on reserve in the library, or through the policies page on the SVC library web site.
The primary goals of Library Services are to:
- Foster student success and independent life-long learning
- Provide informational resources and services that support faculty research and instructional programs
- Provide access to information resources that support diverse educational and personal needs
- Promote a positive learning environment
- Select and use technology for the delivery of educational and informational services